menu

How I almost managed the colonial

The Colonial

I had a friend Beau Chorney who I met through Ratch Wallace. We were social friends for a few years and he came to my club a few times. Hehad 3 gold seats at Maple leaf Gardens which he let me have 4 or 5 times a year. So after I closed my first club. I had a couple of meetings with him and his lawyer for lunch. One meeting was at a greek restaurant on Market St. that had a belly dancer. Beau had a special table almost in the middle of the dance floor. he was insisting that I try his octopus. What he didn't see was that the sweating belly dancer had swung her arm across our table and a ball of sweat had dropped onto the octopus. I of course refused and so thought I was afraid to eat octopus which is not true. Any how the meeting was about that he had just bought the Colonial and wanted me to manage it.He also bought the four seasons hotel and part of the deal was a small suite there as well. I also went to dinner one night with his lawyer at Fridays. The dinner was with his some of his clients. Yvan Cournoyer, Henri Richard and Frank and Peter Mahovlich. Peter was late he had just bought a rolls royce and he pulled up and we all went out to the street to see it. When he got out he dropped a Heineken bottle.

Anyway shortly after Beau called said the deal was through and I was to go down to the Colonial and meet a man and tell him I was the new manager and he would be down later. so I go down and go in the office where there is a group of very serious looking men are going through the files. I asked for my contact and told them I was the new manager per mr Chorney. I was told briskly Well that didn't happen. I never saw Beau again. His phone was disconnected. His lawyer promised to get back to me didn't happen. I have no idea what happened if it was a hoax I don't know why. I asked Ratch and he never saw him agin either.




No comments:

Post a Comment