menu

Arlo Guthrie Playing in Sebastian florida



Arlo Guthrie/Coming into Los Angles Pt 2 - YouTube: "http://youtu.be/i4y1Asq2hic"







I went to see Arlo Live in Sebastian Florida 
Love and Arlo
this is my story about attending the concert I dropped by Sebastian Inlet Florida to look at a friend's sailboat that was moored there. I met Doug at his trailer and we went down and toured the boat and went to a nearby bar for a beer. it was Doug's local and we had a very friendly pretty young waitress named Nancy who Doug introduced to me in passing. She was very friendly and sort of in and out of the conversation as we downed 3 or 4 beers. Then she asked if we were going to the Arlo Guthrie concert. I lit up, I am an old folkie and love Arlo. So she tells us that Arlo lives here and every year he gives a free concert in the park for the locals. sounds good to me so Doug and I decide to get some dinner and to catch the concert. We pay the tab and say goodbye to the sweet young thing and head for a great Thai/sushi restaurant. After dinner, we hit Doug's Biker Bar right beside the park for a few beers before the show starts we soon hear the music and join the crowds and it is great Only we didn't have any chairs and the ground was uncomfortable. Doug got into a conversation with someone and I waved and moved on trying to find a better spot. 
So there was a sound tent halfway to the stage and a long bare patch in the crowd behind it because it blocked the view to the stage. So I walked up behind the tent and tried to sidle around for a better view. As I tried to squeeze into the pack the crowd surged and I was shoved cheek to jowl with a rather lovely lady. She seemed happy with the situation and even seemed to snuggle closer. Introductions were in order. Gary "Jennifer, are you from around here?" "no are you.' "yes I own a little furniture store on Highway 1" Arlo sings the motorcycle song and the crowd cheers. "So you are not here with anyone" "No I got a friend who has a sailboat here and I just dropped in to say hello. I'm from Canada. I don't know anybody else around here. I love Canadians she coos. It is a great time and Jennifer makes it even better. Our forced closeness seems to make us old friends.
Alice's Restaurant! Alice's Restaurant! The crowd chants.
I can't remember the words says, Arlo. Somehow in the ever-shifting crowd, we are pushed forward a bit and she grabs my hand and pulls me down to a small wall with room for one to sit on. She pushes me down and sits on my lap, her lips brushing my cheek as she settles. Arlo sings with his daughter Sara and her husband. great version of Mr. Customs man, Jennifer and I are now hugging close and she whispers she has some great dope at home. Too soon it is City of New Orleans time and it is over.
I agree to go with Jennifer as soon as I say goodbye to Doug. the audience is dispersing. Jennifer stands up. suddenly there is a commotion. the crowd parts suddenly a girl is running from a slightly wet biker. We turn to look the girl screams Gary! GARY SAVE ME! and jumps into my arms. Jennifer looks at me horrified" I thought you didn't know anybody here. she sniffs and walks
away. "No, Wait!" I am stunned facing this angry biker I am still holding Nancy the waitress. "What happened?" "This guy grabbed my ass and I threw my drink on him," says Nancy I am big enough that the biker walks away.
I see Jennifer disappear in the distance, Nancy is much too young but looking more interesting, Ohh she says There is my husband John." "John John this is Ohh she says There is my husband John." "John this is Gary he saved me.
Hi, I say and look for Doug. I need a drink.
The story is true Names have been changed to protect the innocent Maybe that was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment