menu

BERNATTE ANDREWS

I dated Bernadette Andrews for most of October 1976.
She was beautiful and Intelligent and Isexy and I really enjoyed her company.
But she was a very deicated and busy person writing of Art shows and Local 
entertainment for the Toronto Star as well as articles for Arts Canada and 
some radio work. It was prime time for my After hours club so I was busy too 
and we were often on the wrong side of the clock for each other. So we had no committments and I hadn't seen her for a week or two and when I ran into her in the Club 22 one night. She gave me one long paasionate kiss with all the trimmings and we promised to get together soon.
Well a couple of weeks went by when I get a call from her friend. that Bernadette had taken ill Amulanced to the hospital and died. The reason given was some obscure virus.I was shocked and saddened and too unsure of her family situation to show up at her funeral.
Just before Xmas I joined Murray MacLauclan on a month long sailboat charter in the Bahamas.
About the third week I took very sick raging fever and lost 15 lbs and confined to my bunk.
As you can imagine I thought a lot of poor Bernadette and that big kiss. Could this mean poor Gary too.

We wer in the out islands and it took most of a week to get back to Nassau. Murray took me to hospital where the diagnosed me
with tonsilitis. Murray took me right out to the airport and put me on a plane to Toronto.
I went right to hospital and was diagnosed with a serious case of mononucleosis.It took almost 6 months to recover from it.
I think often of Bernie what a tradgady She was a very special lady.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment